Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garden shows....

The gardens where beautiful....  the bugs loved them too.   Lots of bumble bees and dragonflies, a butterfly here and there too.  
Grandma Kale had a good day.  She was enjoying the flowers and got to talk to lots of  people about gardening too.  
This is my friend Carrie.  This garden was also an art studio... so there was lots of attention paid to how the colors complimented each other, and to the views.  
Debbie found a friend too....  :)  Grandma thought it would make a neat pin.
Complimentary colors..
This plant is only zoned at an 8 or so.... But it seems to be a perennial here (we're a zone 3 or 4)... so hopefully I could find some of it (eryngium russicum, I believe.. if you run across it and need to send it to me :) ) and maybe have it here too.   Les (it's in his garden) thought maybe they hadn't done much trial and just believed it to be zoned higher.
The Himalayan Blue Poppy that has become quite popular in recent years.
The bench in the back is one of many that Les has around the garden.  They are all so nicely made,  I think I should make one for here too......  maybe someday I'll get around to it??
The close up of a blue poppy.
The artists garden was full of toys...  dinosaurs, cars, trucks, tractors, animals, dolls....  all kinds of stuff.  She said that they were for kids to play with and keep busy while there, and if they wanted to they could take them home too....   what a good idea eh???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pics,looks like all had fun....mom

sherry hill said...

That is a great pic of Grandma!!! I like Debbie's "fried".....it took me forever to figure out what you were talking about!!!! :)