Friday, July 18, 2008

The garden is progressing...

A new lily I got this year..  hope it comes back next year....
Black and white of  the same lily.
It's nice how sometimes things bloom together and compliment each other.. this is a pretty spot that I look out at from the kitchen window.
This iris is kind of interesting... it is so much thinner than the other ones that I have around.
A big red poppy that is a little smashed by rain.   I guess I use iphoto.... not photo shop, but it still seems to work well.
False indigo... this is one that I had to get after I saw it on "Martha"---- she had such pretty clumps of it growing.  Mine has been in the ground a few years, and it finally put out one bloom last year.  This year it has 3 sprays... pretty exciting!
This verbascum is doing well this year....  love the color.
This verbascum I love even more than the last...  I think this is definitely my favorite color (this year anyways!!)

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Dawn~ Am I SO IMPRESSED with your blog????!!?? You have awesome pictures of your garden too! And your header is RAD!:)Can't wait to see more of your posting!

CookieMonsters said...

Beautiful flower pics!!!! Hey, I wrote a new blog. Not quite a novel. Maybe a short story.