Thursday, September 11, 2008

Maybe I could be Pioneer Woman????

Yummy... these are the varieties I made this day.  Rhubarb cranberry ice cream topping (Sherry requested that sort of thing)  canned some cranberries and blueberries in honey syrup, and made some rhubarb sauce.
This was dinner....  beef stew.  We had some of our potatoes in it... Elic harvested a selection of blue potatoes, peanut, and red potatoes.  Also some Alaska Grown carrots, celery and onions.
Had some cornbread on the side with some of our honey too.   Delicious dinner!
These are the berries that made the jam....  high bush cranberries and blueberries.
This is Sherry's honey...  she got about a gallon this year.
This is some of my honey.  The color difference between the two *Sherry's and mine, is just because of the different areas the hives are in, the different flowers the bees go on.
This is a selection of berries that I had. Black currants, goose berries, cranberries.... just looked so nice together.


4 comments:

Bridgette said...

I absolutely LOVE Pioneer Woman. I should link her to my sidebar. Your food/topping/honey looks awesome Dawn! I am very impressed!:) Yum!

Anonymous said...

my 5 senses are working overtime....and i did even get to smell some jam. the pics are very nice. love, mom

Kale Family News said...

Dawn your pictures are beautiful and so colorful. My favorite one is the berry one. The stew looks tasty with all the vegetables from your garden. Love, Kathe

sherry hill said...

ha-ha....I got to taste them!!! The cran-rhubarb ice cream topping awesome...I am hiding the jar of jam!!! Thanks Dawn!!!