Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I knew this would happen...

I had a garden tour this year of my fruit trees and bushes.  Lots of people asked about moose...   we generally don't get any, it's been about 8 years or so.  So of course I figured after talking about them they'd show up.  Sure enough, this morning Elic and Rosalee had gone out to the truck and then started yelling at the dog... he was over by the moose, and the cow was kicking at him.   It was a cow and twins....  GREAT!!!
One of the little ones came over and found the pumpkin... so I should probably get those moved away from the plants at least.
They don't seem to have really had a chance to eat much.  So hopefully they just find there way down to the flats and don't head back this way.   Guess time will tell--- if I get any apples, cherries, or currants next year!!!  

1 comment:

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Cool pics of the moose. Thanks for the shout out for my b-day. Nice snapshot to have laying around. :)